Posted in 2016 Northern Tier

Last Day Before It Begins

Today has been long and it isn’t over yet.  Woke up at 6am and couldn’t get back to sleep. So, got up and went to breakfast with the iPad. Wifi wasn’t working in my room so staff suggested I try it in the breakfast room.  Still didn’t work but there was a computer available in the lobby so I used it.

Took a lot of energy and concentration to get my stuff packed into the car but finally got it done.  Then I stopped at the post office to mail some items back home.  Greg/Debbie – check with Dan next week if you want the neck pillow before I get home in August.

It was time for orientation at the park.  It was starting to rain.  It was cold.  So we all huddled under the gazebo (thank goodness it was there) and got our phones hooked up so the leaders can send us messages through Twitter.  Then we got the map lecture and finally the “cubbies” lecture which included a look at our assigned spots.  It wasn’t getting warmer and it was still raining as we waited by the curb to get a look at the inside of the trailer.  The tire changing challenge will be tomorrow when it’s supposed to be dry and warm.

Back to the motel where we’re all staying tonight.  My roommate for the night is Sharon, a firefighter who only has a few months before retirement.

After getting all the camping gear and most of my other stuff in my cubby, I went to the grocery store to get some food and sundries.  My food and mess kit fit in the food cubby – yes!  I think I can fit the stove too but the propane may have to go in the main cubby.

Next project was to return the rental car. After confirming I’d have a ride back, I headed for the airport. Stopping along the way to put some fuel in the car, I discovered that I didn’t know how to get the door to the fuel cap open. While I was looking for a button or latch, the attendant came out to say they were out of gas. Oh, forget it, there’s more gas than the paperwork says so I won’t get dinged for not refueling.

okaaay, cannot turn left to get back on the highway.  Went around a few blocks.  Finally went through the gas station lot and made my turn.

Back at the airport, returning the car, the price jumped by about$70.  Ummm, I was quoted this amount.  Turns out I should have returned the car earlier in the day.  Kudos to Enterprise, they didn’t charge me for another day.

All is calm.  Dinner and bed…no more drama.



female, married, in love, beautiful grown daughters, great and large extended family spread all over the US, enjoying my life, my favorite place to be is outside (unless its cold and wet).

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.